Experts in Processing
Our processing specialists can help you optimize your process and ensure commercialization success.
The Food Centre’s processing expertise is diverse. Our production staff boasts extensive industry experience and passion for food production. We have processing expertise in the following food products:
- Meat and Vegan Meats (sausages, ham, bacon, burgers, dried meats, boneless ribs)
- Condiments (chutneys, jams, sauces, fruit honey, flavoured oils)
- Fruits/Vegetables (dried fruit, fruit juice, infused fruits, condiments)
- Beverages (juices, tea, tea bag, pasteurized milk)
- Snacks (snack bars, protein bars, roast pulses, cookies)
- Dry Mixes (baking mix, dried fruit, seasoning mix)
- Cheese and Dairy (artisan cheese, yogurt, sherbet, pasteurized milk)
- Ready to Eat (ethnic cuisine, deli meats, hummus, snacks)
Our Processing Department works closely with our Food Development team during the scale up of your product from benchtop to large production. Our trained staff will facilitate a smooth transition from benchtop to commercial production to one of our many incubation suites and facilities.
Our Processing Team is made up of individuals who have a combined 70 plus years in the food processing industry. Most of our production staff have worked with a wide variety of food products and from various sectors. Their solutions oriented approach sets them apart when it comes to process development for your product. Saving client money and time is important.
The Food Centre employs full-time and part-time employees to assist clients with production. Clients have the option of being involved in the production or using our staff for custom processing.
Brev Chesky, Operations Manager, Pilot Plant (52 Innovation Boulevard). If you are looking for small to mid size volume production capacity, email Brev for more information.
Greg Hamilton, Operations Manager, Agri-Food Innovation Centre (2335 Schuyler Street). If you are looking for high volume production capacity, email Greg for more information.