Experts in Food Safety
Our training is industry specific, designed and implemented by industry experts.
The food industry’s outbreaks of E. coli, salmonella, food poisoning, etc., have raised the profile of food safety in not only consumers but manufacturers. Ensuring food safety in your manufacturing practices consists of following various food quality and safety systems and complying with federal, provincial and municipal regulations.
Larger companies have the resources to train their employees to ensure food quality and safety. However, small to medium sized companies are challenged with time and resources when it comes to training new and current employees. This becomes a bigger hurdle for food processors in rural areas. Saskatchewan food processors need to be equipped with the tools to manufacture a safe and quality product in order to compete in the global marketplace.
The Food Centre has put in place various food safety training options and implementations for agribusiness to choose from to best suit their operational needs.
Seminars and workshops
We offer several workshops and seminars on an annual basis. Click here to see what we are currently offering.
Customized consultation to identify your needs.
- Too many employees to send for training? We’ll come to you or virtual training for your employees
- Process, personnel and procedural flow observations and provide feedback/suggestions for improvement
- Certification process – what are the steps you need to begin the process
- Identify gaps in your current food safety system and help navigate through regulatory framework
- Written reports to prove due diligence to certification bodies (ie, GAP analysis report, pre-audit report, etc)
- Assist with targeting a food safety goal (certification, training, etc.)
- Review written programs
Busy schedule? Providing adequate food safety training to your employees is essential to protecting your customers from any health risks that could occur from cross contamination. Our online training is easy to administer and flexible to your operations. Now you can train anytime, anywhere.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) www.gmpsonline.ca
- HACCP & Food Safety Certificate Program (International HACCP Alliance accredited) www.haccponline.ca
Food Safety Team
- Experienced in customized, streamlined program design to address your unique requirements
- On-site presence during audits to support your team and follow up assessment
- BRC Internal Auditor Certfication
- ASQ HACCP Auditor Certification
- FSSC 22000 Internal Auditor Certification
- CanadaGAP knowledge
- SQF experience
Erin Hiebert, Manager, Food Safety & Skills Development —email Erin