1. Low sodium or sodium free products (bread, baby foods, processed meat products, pasta, cheese, milk products, gravies and sauces, soups, breakfast cereal (cold and hot), egg products, fish products, all type of snacks, pickled products, candy products, nutritional and energy bars, cakes mixtures, vegetable juices and pulse products, etc.)
2. Low fat (trans fats, cholesterol and saturated fats) products. See (a.) for examples. Other examples include vegetable based dips, salad dressings, mayonnaise and margarines.
3. Low sugar, with natural sweetener or no added sugar products. See (a. and b for examples). Other examples include fruit juices, value added honey products, jams, jellies, fruit sauces, dried fruits, fruit sheets and bars, grain and pulses based beverages, baked products and dairy products.
4. Fresh produce (fruits and vegetables) cut to different shapes (slices, cubes, shreds, etc).
5. Other specialty products such as vegetable based extruded products (simulated meat burgers, strips, meat balls, etc.), gluten free products, etc.
6. Any other innovative products that satisfy the business needs of our clients. The Food Centre will make every effort to acquire stat-of-the art technologies to benefit agri-foods business in Saskatchewan to develop and produce healthy foods.